The parish of
South Transept & Tower
East End & Tower
Nave & Chancel
Sundial on Porch Wall
Stained Glass - South Transept
The Parish Church
|© John Evans
Click thumbnails to enlarge
The OPC (Genealogy) for this parish is Julia Mitchell, who can be contacted at .
The previous OPC maintained a website which might be useful for your research.
For information about (and contact details for) the current parish meeting, please see this website.
Contact details for the church can be found by searching here.
Information can be found at COCP (Cornwall Online Census Project) which is complete for 1841 to 1891 and has been verified, FreeCen at Rootsweb, which has a very good search engine and information from COCP, as well as GenUKI, which has more reference information and alternative resources.
For Parish Register information and other resources, please see our online searchable database (C-PROP), which is updated frequently, and GenUKI. The C-PROP parish coverage page is here.
For information, see the Cornwall Towns & Parishes link on GenUKI or visit the University of Leicester's Historical Directory website.
These are included in our searchable database. There is an index of headstones and a cemetery plan available at the church.
||23 Jul 1608/9?, Thomas DANIELL
||16 Apr 1746, Nicholas ADAMS
||15 Sep 1622, Richard DANIELL
||7 Sep 1747, James ALLEN
||1631, Parking CROCKER
||10 May 1790, Nicholas BLAMY
||18 Apr 1661, William CROCKER
||23 May 1796, Samuel BLAMY
||2 Jan 1664, Henry CROCKER
||7 Nov 1801, John BLAMEY
||9 Apr 1743, Thomas DANIEL
||28 Mar 1827, Samuel BLAMEY
- An Indenture concerning the Estate of Roger DANIELL, dated May 1605.
- An Indenture and Inventory of Goods, concerning the Estate of Thomas CROCKER, dated 24 Feb 1630.
- An Indenture and Inventory of Goods, concerning the Estate of James CROCKER, dated 17 May 1666.
- An Indenture and Inventory of Goods, concerning the Estate of Henry CROCKER, dated 31 January 1697.
- An Indenture concerning the Will of Samuel BLAMY, dated 17 Feb 1729.
- An Indenture concerning the Will of James BLAMY, dated 27 Apr 1730.
- An Indenture concerning the Will of Mary BLAMEY, dated 15 July 1760.
- An Indenture and Inventory of Goods, concerning the Estate of Nicholas BOHENNA, dated 14 Aug 1761.
- An Indenture concerning, and the Will of, Richard DINGLE, the latter dated 27 Mar 1765.
- An Indenture concerning the Estate of Richard DINGLE, dated 20 May 1811
- An Indenture concerning the Estate of Richard DANIEL, dated 28 Jun 1811.
For more information regarding history, population, etc., visit GenUKI.
For a zoomable and printable map of Cornwall please visit Cornwall Council’s mapping website. To see the Parish boundaries, click on the Layers Tab for Government Boundaries.
For maps and satellite images use Google Maps.
To enjoy a "walk" around this parish, search for Ruan Lanihorne at http://maps.google.co.uk/, then drag the person icon from above the zoom commands and place it at a specific location on the map.
Philleigh, St Michael Penkevil, Lamorran, Cornelly and Veryan.
- Ruan Lanihorne is included in The Parochial History of Cornwall, Volume III by Davies Gilbert, William Hals, Thomas Tonkin, Henry Samuel Boase, originally published in 1838 (page 402). Also downloadable as a pdf from here.
- Phillimore's Marriages Vol XXVI transcripts including Ruan Lanihorne (Ruan Lanyhorne) (transcribed and in our database). For the Contents page, keep clicking Next until page 7/218 appears.