The parish of
© Phil Rodda
The Online Parish Clerk (Genealogy) for Mylor is Phil Rodda, who can be contacted at .
Contact details for the current parish council can be found by clicking here.
Contact details for the church can be found by searching here.
Information can be found at COCP (Cornwall Online Census Project) which is complete for 1841 to 1891 and has been verified, FreeCen at Rootsweb, which has a very good search engine and information from COCP, as well as GenUKI, which has more reference information and alternative resources.
For Parish Register information, please see our online searchable database (C-PROP) which is updated frequently. The parish coverage page is here.
For information, see GenUKI or visit the University of Leicester's Historical Directories website.
Transcriptions on this website:
- 2 March 1795, an Indenture mentioning John ENYS, John, Elizabeth and Mary BAWDEN, John BUSCOMB & William BAWDEN
- 1845-1889, extracts from Vestry Minutes. Many local people are mentioned.
- 1866-1899, Memorial to boys who died on HMS Ganges (training ship)
- 1871, Indenture regarding extension of burial ground
- 7 Dec 1886, newspaper report of inquest on Edward SMITH of H.M.S. Ganges
- 31 Dec 1894, a Mylor Union report concerning Alice BEER
- 1800s, lists of Parish Officials
- Mainly 1800s, extracts from the Churchwardens' Accounts, mentioning many local people.
- some MIs can be found here
- 1834 Voters List for this parish (the list of 1832 amended)
For more information regarding history, population, etc., visit GenUKI.
For a zoomable and printable map of Cornwall please visit Cornwall Council’s mapping website. To see the Parish boundaries, click on the Layers Tab for Government Boundaries.
For maps and satellite images use Google Maps.
To enjoy a "walk" around this parish, search for Mylor at http://maps.google.co.uk/, then drag the person icon from above the zoom commands and place it at a specific location on the map.
St Gluvias, Perranarworthal, Devoran, Feock, Flushing and, across the estuary, St Just in Roseland.
- Notes on the Parish of Mylor, Cornwall (1907) by Hugh P. Olivey. Also downloadable as a pdf from here.
- Mylor (Milor) is included in The Parochial History of Cornwall, Volume III by Davies Gilbert, William Hals, Thomas Tonkin, Henry Samuel Boase, originally published in 1838. Also downloadable as a pdf from here.
- Phillimore's Marriages Vol VII transcripts including Mylor (transcribed and in our database)
Early View of The Harbour
(click to enlarge)