The parish of
ST MICHAEL PENKEVIL
The Parish Church
© David Coppin
The volunteer as Online Parish Clerk (Genealogy) for St Michael Penkevil is Julia Mitchell, who can be contacted at .
Contact details for the current parish council can be found here.
Contact details for the church can be found by searching here.
Information can be found at COCP (Cornwall Online Census Project) which is complete for 1841 to 1891 and has been verified, FreeCen at Rootsweb, which has a very good search engine and information from COCP, as well as GenUKI, which has more reference information and alternative resources.
For Parish Register information, please see our online searchable database (C-PROP) which is updated frequently, the coverage page is here.
For information, see GenUKI or visit the University of Leicester's Historical Directories website.
To view a Bastardy Bond, dated 19 Nov 1804, naming William CAVELL of this parish, click here.
- A list of communicants in 1650, with additions for 1651, transcribed from the Vestry Minutes.
- Transcriptions of other pages from 1650 to 1887, mentioning many events and people with church connections.
- Minutes of Vestry Meetings, 1843 - 1862.
For more information regarding history, population, etc., visit GenUKI.
For a zoomable and printable map of Cornwall please visit Cornwall Council’s mapping website. To see the Parish boundaries, click on the Layers Tab for Government Boundaries.
For maps and satellite images use Google Maps.
To enjoy a "walk" around this parish, search for St Michael Penkevil at http://maps.google.co.uk/, then drag the person icon from above the zoom commands and place it at a specific location on the map.
Truro Parishes, St Clement, Merther, Lamorran and Philleigh.
- St Michael Penkevil is included in The Parochial History of Cornwall, Volume III by Davies Gilbert, William Hals, Thomas Tonkin, Henry Samuel Boase, originally published in 1838. Also downloadable as a pdf from here.
- Phillimore's Marriages Vol XXVI transcripts including St Michael Penkevil (transcribed and in our database). For the Contents page, keep clicking Next until page 7/218 appears.