The parish of
The Parish Church
© David Coppin
The Online Parish Clerk (Genealogy) for St Mabyn is Bob Hambly, who can be contacted by Email.
For information about (and contact details for) the current parish council, please see this website.
Contact details for the church can be found by searching here.
Information can be found at COCP (Cornwall Online Census Project) which is complete for 1841 to 1891 and has been verified, FreeCen at Rootsweb, which has a very good search engine and information from COCP, as well as GenUKI, which has more reference information and alternate resources.
For Parish Register information, please see our searchable database (C-PROP) which is updated frequently, GenUKI and the LDS website, Library section. The C-PROP parish coverage page is here.
For information, see the University of Leicester's website of Historical Directories or GenUKI.
- dated 28 Jun 1770, naming Thomas MORRISH of this Parish.
Indentures & Other Legal Documents:
- For an Indenture, dated 2 Mar 1795 and mentioning John ENYS, John, Elizabeth and Mary BAWDEN, John BUSCOMB and William BAWDEN, click here.
- An Indenture, dated 21 Mar 1818, naming Christopher BAWDEN, John BAWDEN, Elizabeth LOBB and Henry MENHINNICK of this parish.
- Bodmin & Wadebridge Railway, purchase of land, dated 13 Nov 1834, mentioning Richard ANDREW of this Parish.
- An Indenture, dated 26 Nov 1861, concerning shares, cottages and land in this parish and naming George HAMLEY, Richard ANDREWS and Thomas PARRY.
- An Indenture, dated 28 Sep 1863 but mentioning earlier agreements by John and Hugh HARRY of this Parish.
||31 Jan 1574, Robert HILL (proved 1598)
||8 Feb 1862, Thomas WARNE
||17 Jan 1604, William HAMLIE
||10 Feb 1876, James PINCH
||21 Jan 1611, Roger HAMBLIE/HAMBLY
||12 Nov 1884, George HAMLEY
||12 Jan 1744, Nickholas MINHINICK
||10 Feb 1892, John BREWER
||16 Jul 1819 John ROWE
||1896 and 1897, Cyril Onslow PETER-HOBLYN
||20 Oct 1841, John BUSCOMB
||24 Apr 1899, John RICKARD
||4 Mar 1843, John WARNE
||23 Feb 1901, Ernest Pomeroy PETER-HOBLYN (Probate)
For more information regarding history, population, etc., visit GenUKI.
For a zoomable and printable map of Cornwall please visit Cornwall Council’s mapping website. To see the Parish boundaries, click on the Layers Tab for Government Boundaries.
For maps and satellite images use Google Maps.
To enjoy a "walk" around this parish, search for St Mabyn at http://maps.google.co.uk/, then drag the person icon from above the zoom commands and place it at a specific location on the map.
Egloshayle, St Kew, St Tudy, Blisland and Helland.
- St Mabyn is included in The Parochial History of Cornwall, Volume III by Davies Gilbert, William Hals, Thomas Tonkin, Henry Samuel Boase, originally published in 1838. Also downloadable as a pdf from here.
- Phillimore's Marriages Vol II transcripts including St Mabyn (transcribed and in our database)
- The Parochial and Family History of the Parishes of St Mabyn & Michaelstow, by Sir John Maclean, F.S.A