The parish of
400 year old inn at Bodinnick, in the parish of Lanteglos-by-Fowey.
Photograph by Charles Winpenny, © 2005
See bottom of page for photographs of the Parish Church
The Online Parish Clerk (Genealogy) for Lanteglos by Fowey is Amelia Bray, who can be contacted by Email.
Contact details for the current Parish Council are available here. The Parish Council website is here.
Contact details for the church can be found by searching here
Information can be found at COCP (Cornwall Online Census Project) which is complete for 1841 to 1891 and has been verified, FreeCen at Rootsweb, which has a very good search engine and information from COCP, as well as GenUKI, which has more reference information and alternative resources.
For Parish Register information and other resources, please see our online searchable database (C-PROP) which is updated frequently, the parish coverage page is here.
For information, see GenUKI or visit the University of Leicester's Historical Directories website.
- dated 24 Dec 1737, also involving Peter and Ibbott STAPP.
Most mention local J.P.s, Church Wardens and Overseers of the Poor, as well as the mother and reputed father.
- a Bond, dated 22 October 1708, naming William HUNKIN/HUNCKIN and Brigett SOLOMON.
- a Bond, dated 10 March 1741, naming Catherine (born SIMMONS) and Nicholas GALSWORTHY.
- an Arrest Warrant, dated 13 January 1753, naming Ann HAM and William SYMONS.
- an Order, dated 16 June 1755, naming Mary STEPHENS and John GEACH.
- a Bond, dated 2 March 1764, naming Elizabeth ALLFORD of this parish.
- a Bond, dated 30? January 1780, naming Richard COSSENTINE and Mary STEPHENS.
- a Bond, dated 23 May 1782, naming Samuel SAUNDRY the elder, Samuel SAUNDRY the younger, Edward WILLCOCK and Mary PEARN.
- a Bond, dated 28 September 1784, naming Susanna WYATT (widow) and John ROACH, both of this parish.
- a Bond, dated 30 March 1815, naming Nancy WIGHT of this parish.
- dated 25 Jan 1731 mentioning Peter and Ibbott STAPP of this parish.
For more information regarding history, population, etc., visit GenUKI.
For a zoomable and printable map of Cornwall please visit Cornwall Council’s mapping website. To see the Parish boundaries, click on the Layers Tab for Government Boundaries.
For maps and satellite images use Google Maps.
To enjoy a "walk" around this parish, search for Lanteglos by Fowey at http://maps.google.co.uk/, then drag the person icon from above the zoom commands and place it at a specific location on the map.
Fowey, Golant St Sampson, St Veep and Lansallos.
Lanteglos by Fowey is included in The Parochial History of Cornwall, Volume II by Davies Gilbert, William Hals, Thomas Tonkin, Henry Samuel Boase, originally published in 1838 (page 408). Also downloadable as a pdf.
The Parish Church
© Bill Norton
© Bill Norton
© Bill Norton