The parish of
LANTEGLOS by CAMELFORD
The Online Parish Clerk (Genealogy) for Lanteglos by Camelford is Joy Langdon, who can be contacted by Email.
For information about (and contact details for) the current town council, please see this website.
Contact details for the church can be found by searching here.
Information can be found at COCP (Cornwall Online Census Project) which is complete for 1841 to 1891 and has been verified, FreeCen at Rootsweb, which has a very good search engine and information from COCP, as well as GenUKI, which has more reference information and alternative resources.
For Parish Register information, please see our online searchable database (C-PROP) which is updated frequently, the parish coverage page is here.
||1830, Pigot's for Camelford
For other information, see GenUKI or visit the University of Leicester's Historical Directories website.
Indentures and Other Documents:
- An Indenture, dated 1 Nov 1676, concerning Matthews Park, naming John MOLLIS of Michaelstow and John PEARSE of Lanteglos by Camelford.
- A tripartite Indenture, dated 1 Feb 1743, naming Mary Pomeroy, John JOHNSON and Edward COCK.
- An Indenture, dated 21 Jul 1777, naming John MARSHALL of the Borough of Camelford.
- A document involving tenants of the Manor of Helston Trigg, including Samuel BROWN, William SLOGGATT, Francis LOBB and George MARTYN, dated 23 Jun 1819.
- An Indenture dated 29 Sep 1837, naming John Clode BRADDON of this Parish.
- For details of an auction of farmland, dated 29 Jul 1896 and naming John NICHOLL, John LANE and N. STEPHENS, click here.
A list of available Wills and Probate Documents. Copies of those marked as CRO can be ordered from here using the appropriate reference. For those marked as NA enter the reference in the search box on this page and follow the onscreen instructions.
||17 Sep 1611, John HAIE
||12 Mar 1771, Howard SECCOMBE
||2 Jan 1646, Abraham BASTERD
||14 Mar 1791, Joseph POPE
||26 Jul 1651, Degory SECCOMBE
||26 Oct 1795, William HOCKEN (dispute)
||1 Jul 1653, Phillipp SECCOMBE
||17 Apr 1807, John SECCOMBE (extracted)
||14 Mar 1719, Thomas HONEY
||24 Sep 1818, Samuel COCK
||25 Nov 1746, Daniel LOMBARD, also rector of Advent
||23 Jan 1821, Richard MARTIN
||26 Feb 1746, Richard NICHOLLS
||17 Apr 1837, Edward SECCOMBE
||15 May 1747, Susanna HODGE
||17 Apr 1860, Henry LANGDON
||9 Nov 1747, John WILLS
||11 May 1860, Nancy LANGDON
||13 Aug 1748, Richard EDWARDS
||20 Apr 1900, John EVELYN (Probate)
||11 Apr 1750, William SLOGGETT
Other documents mentioning several parishes, including Lanteglos by Camelford, can be found here.
For more information regarding history, population, etc., visit GenUKI.
For a zoomable and printable map of Cornwall please visit Cornwall Council’s mapping website. To see the Parish boundaries, click on the Layers Tab for Government Boundaries.
For maps and satellite images use Google Maps.
To enjoy a "walk" around this parish, search for Camelford at http://maps.google.co.uk/, then drag the person icon from above the zoom commands and place it at a specific location on the map.
St Teath, Tintagel, Minster, Davidstow, Advent and Michaelstow.
- Lanteglos by Camelford is included in The Parochial History of Cornwall, Volume II by Davies Gilbert, William Hals, Thomas Tonkin, Henry Samuel Boase, originally published in 1838 (page 400). Also downloadable as a pdf.
- The Cornwall Register by John Wallis, A.M. F.S.S., then Vicar of Bodmin, printed 1847. If the in-built search produces no results, use the index pages (474-476) to find your parish of interest. Tables of statistics and other data can be found at the beginning of the book, starting at page n9.
- Phillimore's Marriages Vol I transcripts including Lanteglos by Camelford (transcribed and in our database)